Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hooray for warmer weather

    What a difference a few degrees makes! Spring has sprung here at SRS Motorsports....The weather finally broke about a week ago. Hence my lack of posting. You see, warm weather gets folks to thinkin about the ride. That means we get busy! It's almost comical how there is suddenly just a switch that flips and BOOM...open season. Our service department fills up with inspections, new batteries and the inevitable carb cleans necessary thanks to the poor quality of today's fuels. The parts department receives more and more boxes of bits and pieces that folks need to get their ride in tip top shape for the season and the sales department is suddenly ransacked with customers looking for the latest and greatest.
    I have to say that my favorite customer is the full on "Squid" newbie. They come in all shapes, sizes, genders and level of abilities. Most of the time, these folks are on the right path. However, on occasion, there are those that make you wonder just what in the world they are thinking. haha In my 20 plus years in this business, I've put many a butt on many a seat. It's always a great feeling seeing someone ride off on their new toy. Not because I get paid (although..hey, it's my job), but because I know that these folks are gonna go make some great memories and have some great stories to tell, all because of that new ride they just purchased. It's truly an excellent feeling.
   SO, spring gives me the opportunity to experience that in great succession. Hey, getting paid for it doesn't suck, but the true reward comes from helping people to get that same rush and feeling I've been getting for years from motorcycles. Ride safe! Catch you next time!
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment